What: If you’re visiting Paris for the first time and are overwhelmed by the dozens of must-see attractions, this is the itinerary for you. By simply walking in a straight line, you can check off some of the most important destinations – the Louvre, the Jardin des Tuileries, Champs Elysees, and more. It’s (nearly) impossible to get lost.
Mode(s) of Transportation: walking, taxi
Price Point: $$-$$$
- Start: Grab some pastries and espressos for breakfast at Julien.
- Walk to: Spend some time at the Louvre.
- Walk to: Get a ham & cheese sandwich from Paul – eat it there and have them toast it for you, or enjoy it in the Tuileries Garden.
- Walk to: Stroll through the Tuileries Garden – relax in a shaded spot and people watch for awhile.
- Walk to: Walk through the garden to the Place de la Concorde.
- Walk to: Walk along the Seine for a bit until you reach the Champs Elysees; shop along Champs Elysees and continue walking until you reach the Arc de Triomphe.
- Taxi to: Dinner at Les Cocottes or Cafe Constant.
- Walk to: Visit the Eiffel Tower – get there at 10pm to see it sparkle!
The ham and cheese sandwich at Paul has got to be my favorite sandwich in the world. It’s just so simple and so perfect. If H&C isn’t your thing, though, they do have other sandwich options as well as freshly-baked quiches and salads.
Check out the view of the Louvre from the Tuileries Garden. Doesn’t it make you want to stay in Paris forever?