What: The sun is finally shining, and you’re frantically looking for “summery” things to do before it becomes too humid and you return to hiding indoors, right? Not all of us have houses in the Hamptons we can escape to, but don’t worry – I’ve got you covered. Follow this itinerary for a fun and boozy summer day in the city.
Price Point: $$$
Mode(s) of Transportation: walking, taxi
- Start: Brunch at Cafe Gitane, Cafe Cluny, or Tartine [West Village]
- Walk to: Hudson River Park and enjoy the views – bring a blanket to lay out on. [West Village]
- Walk to: The High Line and grab a snack from one of the seasonal food vendors [Meatpacking]
- Walk to: Get your buzz on at The Frying Pan. This bar isn’t just on a boat; it is a boat. [Chelsea]
- Walk/Taxi to: Dinner at Cookshop or Socarrat Paella Bar [Chelsea]
- Taxi to: Drinks at 230 Fifth Rooftop Bar [Midtown]
Enjoy – and don’t forget to bring sunblock!