What: Explore the “B”eauty of San Diego, California. Follow this itinerary created by my SD-dwelling friend, Adriel, for a day filled with amazing ocean views and, of course, beach, brew, and BBQ.
Mode(s) of Transportation: feet, car
Price Point: $$
- Start: Breakfast/Brunch at Brockton Villa (La Jolla)
- Walk to: La Jolla Cove and Downtown La Jolla (La Jolla)
- Drive to: Lay out on the rocks and watch surfers and dolphins (if you’re lucky) at Windansea Beach (La Jolla)
- Drive to: Gain some knowledge at the Birch Aquarium or catch amazing ocean views from the cliffs at Scripps Coastal Reserve (La Jolla Shores)
- Drive to: Green Flash Brewing Company (Mira Mesa)
- Drive to: Phil’s BBQ (Midway)
Brockton Villa: Cute, laid-back spot right next to the ocean. Grab a table on the patio and you’ll experience one the best brunch views California has to offer. (Try their french toast!)
Green Flash Brewing Company: $1 tasters in a cool warehouse-like setting with food trucks outside. Need I say more?
Phil’s BBQ: Okay, California’s not exactly known for authentic BBQ, but Phil’s is famous within our state and rightfully so. It’s cheap, it’s delicious…unfortunately, it’s also always packed, so try to go during off-peak times!
Sunset at The La Jolla Cliffs: