What: Forgot to buy chocolates and make dinner reservations? Here’s an itinerary for someone who forgot to plan a spectacular Valentine’s Day for his or her loved one.
Mode(s) of Transportation: subway, walking, taxi
Price Point: $$$
- Before the Date: Buy some unique chocolates at Xocolatti (Soho) or at the ever-so-classy La Maison Du Chocolat (Midtown). Don’t like chocolates? Get macarons from Laduree (Upper East Side)
- Start: Enjoy a couple’s massage at ease NY (Midtown East) or Ohm Spa (Flatiron)
- Taxi to: Dinner at Apiary, Pylos, Graffiti Food & Wine Bar, Kyo Ya, or Cafe Mogador (East Village)
- Taxi to: Drinks at Bourgeois Pig, Lovers of Today, or Angel’s Share (East Village)
- The restaurants suggested above are pretty popular, though not the most popular/expensive in the city, so you can probably still snag some reservations if you hurry! Another option is to swing by earlier on in the night to put your name down, then go grab drinks first.
- Lovers of Today: A romantic speakeasy located next to Niagara – find the little alleyway with the doorman standing in front of it!
- Angel’s Share: A speakeasy located inside Village Yokocho. Walk up the stairs and turn left when you reach the hostess stand. Go into the nondescript brown door and you’ll be transported to a cozy little bar with amazing cocktails.