What: Who says Disneyland is just for kids? Many of us who grew up in Southern California had annual passes (back before they became ridiculously expensive) and would drop by on random weeknights just to go on a few rides and eat a churro. Here’s my Disneyland guide for the 21+.
Mode(s) of Transportation: car
Price Point: $$$
- Start: Breakfast/Brunch at Bruxie (Orange). If you really, really want to eat inside the Disneyland Resort, try Storytellers Cafe.
- Drive to: Disneyland (Anaheim). If you can only pick one of the two parks to visit, stick with the original one, though I hear Cars Land in Disney’s California Adventure is pretty cool.
- Walk to: Start in Tomorrowland and work your way around the park.
- Walk to: Lunch at Royal Street Veranda (try the gumbo!)
- Walk to: Get a churro from one of the vendors.
- Walk to: Hang out in the park.
- Walk to: Downtown Disney and grab a drink or two at UVA Bar
- Walk to: Dinner back inside Disneyland – eat as many of these things as you can.
- Walk to: Main St. for the daily fireworks show.
- Walk to: Squeeze in one more ride before the park closes.
Churros are just better at the Happiest Place on Earth…
Disneyland’s turkey legs are surprisingly moist and flavorful. I’d recommend splitting them with a friend or two, especially if you want to try other goodies.
Make sure to stop by Toon Town to take some silly pictures!